苏州相城区美甲培训

苏州美甲美睫培训学校

19/09/2018
by admin
Comments Off on Tradie warrior comes out of retirement to fight for workplace safety

Tradie warrior comes out of retirement to fight for workplace safety

Retired mechanical fitter Neil Byrne is fighting for workplace safetyA lifelong mechanical fitter has come out of retirement to help lead a UnionsWA fight for better workplace safety in the face of more than $4 million in proposed government cuts to WorkSafe.
Nanjing Night Net

The proposed government cuts include the loss of funding for 10 WorkSafe inspectors who investigate workplace accidents.

Neil Byrne, 80, said that he had been motivated to come out of retirement to make a stand in keeping workers safe.

“Over my working life as a mechanical fitter in the power industry, I’ve witnessed work injuries and fatalities that should not have happened,” he said.

Mr Byrne remembered a fatality at the old East Perth power station where a painter was electrocuted by 66,000 kilovolts.

“There was a huge flash and a ball of fire and that was the end of him. His charred body couldn’t be touched it was so hot,” he said.

It was incidents like that which inspired Mr Byrne to become a champion for safety during his 35 years as a tradie and another 12 working for the metalworkers union in education and health and safety.

His early campaigning work led to the original establishment of WorkSafe.

“These WorkSafe staff have not yet been made redundant – if we act now we can overturn this terrible decision,” Mr Byrne said.

UnionsWA and Save Our Services, a community campaign led by public sector unions, will present a petition to state parliament on Thursday.

The petition calls on the Barnett Government to overturn the planned cuts.

Secretary UnionsWA, Meredith Hammat, said the campaign focused on ensuring people returned home from work safely.

“When family members go to work, we expect them to come home,” she said.

“A cut of $4.1 million to the WorkSafe budget threatens their safety.”

Ms Hammat said the cuts sent the wrong message to workplaces in WA.

“Many of these are in high risk industries like agriculture, transportation, construction and resources,” she said.

The campaign also includes videos, letterbox drops and door-knocking in marginal electorates held by the Barnett Government.

“Every injury and every work fatality should be a reminder that the government gives a low priority to work health and safety,” the UnionsWA secretary said.

Ms Hammat said promised reforms to work health and safety laws, begun in 2008, had been delayed by government incompetence.

“Now the government proposes to cut the number of inspectors responsible for investigating breaches of our laws,” she said.

The online petition can be found here. Follow WAtoday on Twitter

This story Administrator ready to work first appeared on Nanjing Night Net. Continue reading

19/09/2018
by admin
Comments Off on Dad recounts horror at online sex predator’s chats with his 13-year-old daughter

Dad recounts horror at online sex predator’s chats with his 13-year-old daughter

A cyber safety expert confirmed the man’s actions would have prompted grooming charges in other states in Australia. Photo: Erin JonassonOnline grooming of girl, 13, a ‘wake up call’
Nanjing Night Net

A father “shattered” by the discovery of his 13-year-old daughter’s online relationship with a 24-year-old man says state law is insufficient to cope with sexual predators on social media.

The father, who cannot be named for privacy reasons, discovered reams of conversations on his daughter’s phone, some of which WAtoday has viewed.

They show the man building trust with the girl, telling her of problems with his partner and children, talking about hugging her, threatening self-harm and describing his body’s sexual reaction to pictures of her.

In one exchange, the man tells the girl he had an erection that morning while thinking of her.

Police told him this was not evidence of a crime under West Australian law.

The father allowed his daughter to get Facebook and messaging apps when she turned 13.

Several months ago he became aware she was “chatting” a lot and heard the name mentioned of a man their family had a passing acquaintance with, who he knew was married with children.

“I had a bad feeling,” he said.

After his daughter mentioned she had seen the man at a social gathering he became “extremely nervous” and when presented with a chance to examine her phone he checked through her messages.

“I nearly collapsed,” he said.

“This was grooming 101. This guy could have written the book on paedophilia. It’s mindblowing. There were pages and pages on how tough his life is, threats of suicide, and my daughter comforting him, acting like a 27-year-old.

“Nobody reading this drivel would for a minute think it’s sweet and innocent and harmless.

“I was broken. I couldn’t believe it. I confronted her there and then – I didn’t know what else to do, we were both shattered.

“If there’s one kid out there I thought would never get caught by a guy like this it would be my daughter. She is a bright girl.”

When confronted, she broke down, telling her father she had not meant her declarations of love for the man, but felt pressured to make them. She cut off contact with him at her father’s order.

“I hope and pray this has not affected her emotionally in the long term,” he said.

“Touch wood, my family is OK.

“The part that rattles me is that this could be happening to someone else – this piece of human rubbish is potentially getting someone else’s kid.

“He’s not just keen on young girls, he’s actively engaging them.”

He said police had been helpful but the stack of pages he printed showing “thousands” of conversations was not enough to charge or search the man’s electronics under the law.

“If that is the case the law is a joke,” he said.

“This is a real paedo on the street and there is not enough evidence?

“The detective inspector was unbelievably helpful, friendly and professional and they have had a look at him but there is not the evidence.

“The police – their job is hard enough, I don’t blame them under the circumstances. It is the law that is wrong. We are letting a potential monster escape.

If this can be a wake-up call for the community I don’t have a choice but to take this further.”

Attorney General Michael Mischin said he understood the father’s distress.

“Both the father and daughter were spoken to by the Child Assessment & Interview Team at WA Police to ascertain whether any charges could be laid,” he said.

“I have been advised that police thoroughly investigated the allegation, however the investigations and the available evidence did not establish any offences, either under State or Commonwealth law.

“WA Police have informed me that they are satisfied with the current legislation and believe it is contemporaneous and comparable with other jurisdictions.”

A WA police spokesperson said a senior commissioned Sex Crimes Division officer had “fully briefed” the father on the outcome of the investigation.

“The complaint was investigated and the investigation reviewed and it was determined there was insufficient evidence to prosecute any person. As with all matters of this type, should any further information be provided to police, it will be assessed,” the spokesperson said.

Cyber safety expert and former Victorian police officer Susan McLean, who the father turned to after WA Police’s lack of action, told Radio 6PR she had consulted other state police jurisdictions, showing them the transcripts, and all had said the behaviour was clearly “grooming” and in any other state would have prompted questioning and potential charges.

“If your laws are deficient, this is a wake-up call, because she is not the only young person in WA being groomed online and if other parents become aware of it they will get the same blockage when they try to report it,” she told Radio 6PR. Follow WAtoday on Twitter

This story Administrator ready to work first appeared on Nanjing Night Net. Continue reading

19/09/2018
by admin
Comments Off on Melbourne’s drinking trends of 2015

Melbourne’s drinking trends of 2015

Zara Young and Michael Madrusan of Heartbreaker Bar, Melbourne. Photo: Kristoffer Paulsen The front bar at Hats and Tatts in South Melbourne. Photo: Arsineh Houspian
Nanjing Night Net

Australia’s top 25 bars 2015

If you don’t think the bars are as subject to trends as restaurants, you haven’t been paying attention. The ’80s and ’90s were an era defined by flare-style bartending and vodka. The past seven or so years have been all about bowties, speakeasies and prohibition-style cocktails. But we’re standing on the brink of a new era.

It’s the dawn of the smart-casual bar. Just as restaurants whipped the white linen off tables while maintaining high-end cooking in the past decade, bartenders are now loosening the shirt stays while still serving the high-quality drinks we’ve come to expect.

Drinkers are better educated than ever. We want our beers craft, and most people know how to order an Old Fashioned. “It’s like the idea of provenance in restaurants,” says West Winds Gin founder Jason Chan. “People don’t want you to explain the basics any more. They just want to have fun.”

The result is a shift in focus from education to entertainment. Bars with a dive feel and quality drinks are in. The Beaufort in Carlton championed the concept three years ago. Recently, Michael Madrusan, founder of the award-winning golden era-style cocktail bar the Everleigh in Fitzroy, launched Heartbreaker Bar in the city, where the focus is on rock, and beer. You can still get a quality cocktail over hand-cut ice, but it’s pre-bottled so your time at the bar is minimised and your time at their custom jukebox is maximised.

“Heartbreaker is an atmosphere bar,” says Madrusan. “The Everleigh does me right in so many ways, but there’s an energy you get with that style of music.”

In South Melbourne, Jason Chan has launched Hats and Tatts, an irreverent bar with fast, sharp drinks. There are cocktails on tap, an all-craft beer list and a glittering back bar, but they also have an Addam’s Family pinball machine and a neon sign saying “Derelicte my balls”.

“Chefs call it diffusion: taking your iconic brand and making it more casual,” says Chan. “We’re not dispensing with beautiful glassware and nice drinks, but you don’t have to wear a three-piece suit all the time.”

Other changes are happening within restaurants. Smart operators are realising cocktails are not only important to nail, but profitable. The bars of restaurants such as Supernormal and Lume in South Melbourne, both awarded a hat in the latest Age Good Food Guide, have hired notable cocktail bartenders to shape their menus.

On the flip side of that equation, wine bars are increasingly hiring serious chefs. Newcomers Semi Permanent on Smith Street, Bar Clarine on Gertrude Street and Smalls in South Melbourne are all delivering some of the best food in their neighbourhoods. Smalls was recently serving a croque monsieur covered in shaved truffle, and Clarine’s prawn toast comes with sea urchin roe and an umami-rich kombu butter.

There’s never been a better time to be a drinker. The future is bright, fun and delicious.

The Age Good Food Guide 2016 can be purchased for $24.99 from selected bookshops and theageshop南京夜网419论坛

This story Administrator ready to work first appeared on Nanjing Night Net. Continue reading

19/09/2018
by admin
Comments Off on Recipes from Greek by chef George Calombaris

Recipes from Greek by chef George Calombaris

Garden peas, cauliflower, almonds, lemon; Greek, by George Calombaris. Photo: Penguin Greek, by George Calombaris.
Nanjing Night Net

Renowned chef George Calombaris shares his passion and enthusiasm for traditional Greek food, but not as you may know it. Greek is a snapshot of the chef’s mind and heart, the people and the memories that have influenced him and the food they have inspired him to create. Here are some great recipes to create a Greek feast. Garden peas, cauliflower, almonds, lemon

Serves 4

2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil 1 brown onion, diced 300ml pure cream (45 per cent fat) 500g cauliflower, trimmed and cut into small florets 1½ cups (240g) green peas 50g blanched almonds vegetable oil, for deep-frying large handful of pea tendrils (optional)

Oregano salt:

¼ tsp dried oregano ¼ tsp salt flakes ¼ tsp castor sugar

Lemon dressing:

1 tbsp lemon juice 2½ tbsp extra virgin olive oil

Heat the olive oil in a frying pan over medium heat, add the onion and cook until translucent. Add the cream and half the cauliflower and simmer gently over low heat for 10-12 minutes or until tender, stirring frequently to avoid any colouration. Strain, reserving the cooking liquid. Transfer the cauliflower and onion to a blender and blend to a smooth puree, adding  the reserved cooking liquid as required.

Bring a small saucepan of water to the boil and cook the peas then refresh in iced water. Drain.

Preheat the oven to 160C (fan-forced).

To make the oregano salt, combine the dried oregano, salt and sugar in a small bowl.

Toast the almonds in the oven for 10 minutes or until golden, then chop roughly and season with a little oregano salt.

To make the lemon dressing, whisk together the lemon juice and olive oil. Season to taste with oregano salt.

Heat the oil for deep-frying in a deep-fryer to 180C (or in a heavy-based pan until a cube of bread browns in 15 seconds). Add the remaining cauliflower florets and deep-fry until golden. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towel. Season with oregano salt.

In a mixing bowl, combine the peas, cauliflower florets, almonds and lemon dressing.

Spoon the cauliflower puree onto a serving plate, top with the mixed salad and garnish with young pea tendrils (if using). Serve cold. Hellenic mess

Serves 8

1½ cups (375ml) thickened cream 1 vanilla bean, split, seeds scraped ½ cup (40g) flaked almonds, toasted

Meringue:

240g castor sugar 4 egg whites 1 tsp rosewater

Orange blossom jelly:

200ml orange blossom water 100g castor sugar 5 gelatine leaves (gold strength)

Strawberry sauce:

250g strawberries, washed and hulled ½ cup (110g) castor sugar 1½ tbsp ouzo

To make the meringue, preheat the oven to 200C (fan-forced) and line a large baking tray with baking paper. Spread the sugar evenly over the prepared tray and place in the oven for eight minutes or until the sugar starts to dissolve around the edges. When the sugar is nearly ready, start to whisk the egg whites in an electric mixer until the whites begin to froth. Carefully add the hot sugar and the rosewater and whisk for a further 10 minutes.

Reduce the oven temperature to 100C (fan-forced) and line a baking tray with baking paper. Spread the meringue over the prepared tray, then transfer to the oven and bake for three hours. Remove and allow to cool completely, then break into bite-sized chunks.

Meanwhile, to make the jelly, place all the ingredients and 200ml water in a small saucepan and allow to sit for two minutes so the gelatine leaves soften. Stir over medium heat until the sugar and gelatine have dissolved, then pour into a suitable container and place in the fridge to set. This will take at least 2-3 hours.

For the strawberry sauce, blitz the strawberries in a food processor, then pass through a fine-mesh sieve. Place in a saucepan with the sugar and ouzo and stir over medium heat until the sugar has dissolved. Store in the fridge until needed.

Shortly before you are ready to serve, whip the cream and vanilla seeds until firm peaks form.

Layer the chunks of meringue, jelly and dollops of whipped cream in a serving dish. At the last minute, drizzle over the strawberry sauce and finish with a sprinkling of flaked almonds. Grilled calamari, watermelon, olives, goat’s curd, crispy vine leaves

Serves 4

¼ small watermelon vegetable oil, for deep-frying 50g vine leaves in brine ⅓ cup (50g) plain flour 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, plus extra to garnish 500g calamari, cleaned, scored and cut into bite-sized pieces, tentacles reserved salt flakes and cracked pepper 200g green olives 200g goat’s curd, broken into small pieces flat-leaf parsley, to garnish

Trim the skin from the watermelon and cut the flesh into thick rectangles about 15×5-centimetres. Store in the fridge until needed.

Heat the oil for deep-frying in a deep-fryer to 180C (or in a heavy-based saucepan until a cube of bread browns in 15 seconds). Remove the vine leaves from the brine and pat dry with paper towel. Dust with flour, shaking off any excess, then deep-fry until crispy. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towel.

Meanwhile, heat a chargrill pan or barbecue grill or flatplate until hot. Drizzle the olive oil over the calamari and season with salt and pepper. Grill the calamari until lightly charred and the flesh has no transparency.

Arrange the watermelon, olives and goat’s curd on a serving plate. Put the calamari and crisp vine leaves on top and finish with parsley leaves, a drizzle of olive oil and a final grinding of salt and pepper.

Greek, by George Calombaris. Lantern. $59.99.

This story Administrator ready to work first appeared on Nanjing Night Net. Continue reading

19/09/2018
by admin
Comments Off on Protectionist and Let’s Make Adeal out of the Melbourne Cup

Protectionist and Let’s Make Adeal out of the Melbourne Cup

Out of the cup: Protectionist will not run in 2015. Photo: Marina NeilNewcastle trainer Kris Lees confirmed Protectionist will not defend his Melbourne Cup because of bone bruising, while Let’s Make Adeal was also ruled out from the race through injury after trackwork on Thursday morning.
Nanjing Night Net

Lees confirmed the problem with Protectionist after taking scans following his Caulfield Cup failure last Saturday.

“He will need a minimum six months out,” Lees said. “The bruising is severe. When you flex or stretch him there is no sign of any problem because it’s in the bone.

“You don’t see it until you do an MRI and he doesn’t feel it until he’s going fast.”

Meanwhile, trainer Nigel Blackiston took to twitter to announce Let’s Make Adeal, which is a granddaughter of 1991 Caulfield and Melbourne Cup winner Let’s Elope, had injured a tendon and would be spelled.

“Terrible news this morning. Let’s Make Adeal has pulled up lame after work. Early signs indicate that it is her off-fore tendon,” Blackiston tweeted.

Meanwhile, Almoonquith moved to no.27 on the order of entry for this year’s Melbourne Cup after gaining a one-kilogram penalty for his strong Geelong Cup success.

The penalty, and the fact that two stayers ahead of Almoonquith dropped out, has put the international in a prime position to gain a start in the Melbourne Cup. He will now carry 53kg.

“It was a very impressive win, he beat a Group 1 winner in Dandino, and the race has had a stunning formline with the Melbourne Cup, and for those reasons I’ve lifted his weight by 1kg.”

with Pat Bartley

This story Administrator ready to work first appeared on Nanjing Night Net. Continue reading