AT THE SCENE: The Frost Street gas leak on Tuesday afternoon. Photo: STEVE GOSCHTWO male workers who sustained burn injuries to the face, arms and hands during a gas leak and fire in Frost Street late on Tuesday afternoon have been flown to Concord Repatriation General Hospital in Sydney for specialist burns treatment.
The two injured men are aged 53 and 27 respectively.
A SafeWork NSW spokesman said an inspector visited the site on Wednesday.
He said the men were working on a stormwater sewer line in front of a construction site when they ruptured a high pressure natural gas pipe.
“When one of the workers attempted to use a jackhammer to break up the gas pipe’s concrete casing the gas has ignited, causing the burns to the male workers,” the SafeWork spokesman said.
STORY, PHOTOS: Men suffer burns and residents evacuated
Emergency services rushed to the area just before 4pm on Tuesday with around 20 residents from nearby houses evacuated as a precautionary measure.
Nearby residents acted quickly and ran water over the burns of the man most seriously injured until paramedics arrived.
While police and SafeWork investigators initially collaborated over the investigation, it is now being spearheaded by SafeWork staff and the investigation is ongoing.
Both men were initially treated at Orange hospital before being flown to Concord hospital.
A Concord Repatriation General Hospital spokesman said they would not release details of the men’s injuries or condition.
DIAL Before You Dig is a referral service for information on locating underground utilities anywhere in Australia.
Locators, excavators, electricians, plumbers, planners, developers, farmers land surveyors, builders, contractors, home owners and landscapers all over the country use the referral service.
Go to 苏州美甲美睫培训学校1100苏州美甲美睫培训学校419论坛 for more information about registering and using the mobile service.
This story Administrator ready to work first appeared on 苏州美甲美睫培训学校.